Going Green with HVAC
Everyone wants a comfortable home, but HVAC systems use a lot of energy. How can you maintain desirable temperatures in your home in the most energy efficient way? Read the following five quick tips on how to go green with your HVAC equipment:
1. Replace old equipment with energy efficient products
Replacing old furnaces and air conditioning units with updated, energy efficient systems can save energy while helping you save money on utility bills. You may also qualify for utility rebates when you replace your old equipment.
2. Choose the right-sized equipment
If your HVAC equipment is too big for your home, it is probably wasting energy by frequently cycling off and on. Invest in the right sized equipment and you’ll save energy and money in the long run.
3. Replace your manual thermostat
If you still have a manual thermostat, look into getting a programmable model. You can select an energy-saving mode for when you are sleeping or away from your home, saving energy and money.
4. Choose a reputable HVAC company
Getting your HVAC system properly installed is extremely important, and can affect how well your system functions. If your furnace or air conditioning unit was poorly set up, you may be losing money and energy. Contact Comfort Services Heating & Cooling online or call 919-329-2944 to ensure your HVAC system is running as efficiently as possible, or to install a new, updated heating and cooling system in your home.
5. Regular Maintenance
Scheduling regular maintenance for your HVAC systems will ensure they’re functioning at peak efficiency. To save money and energy, enroll in our HVAC maintenance program for Raleigh-Durham homeowners.
Is My HVAC System Energy Efficient?
How can you tell if your HVAC systems are running as efficiently as possible? If you notice any of the following signs occurring in your home, you should consider taking the proper steps to make your HVAC systems more environmentally friendly:
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs – The age of your HVAC equipment may be causing it to run less efficiently. If you need constant repairs, it may be time for an upgrade.
- Your equipment is more than 10 years old – Even if your HVAC equipment seems to be running fine, if it’s more than 10 years old, it’s probably time to replace it with newer, more efficient equipment.
- Your home has humidity problems and excessive dust – If your home seems more humid or dusty than usual, leaky or poorly insulated ductwork may be the cause. Improperly installed ductwork is inefficient and should be fixed right away. Schedule an appointment with Comfort Services Heating & Cooling to repair or seal your ductwork.
- You have your thermostat set to one constant temperature – If you leave your thermostat at one temperature, you could be missing out on an energy-saving opportunity. Setting your thermostat to automatically adjust your home’s temperature during times that you’re sleeping or away at work can drastically reduce utility costs and improve efficiency. If your thermostat is not programmable, it is a good idea to invest in a newer model.
Contact Comfort Services Heating & Cooling to install updated HVAC equipment in your home.
HVAC Services in Durham County, Johnston County & Wake County
Updating and maintaining your HVAC equipment can save energy, money, time and help protect the environment. For HVAC installation, maintenance and repair throughout the Raleigh-Durham, NC area, contact the reliable professionals at Comfort Services Heating & Cooling. Read our customer reviews to find out why we are one of the most trusted HVAC contractors in the Triangle area.